In the past I talked about how a Docky user can change their Docky icons by navigating to the appropriate folder in Nautilus. Well, now I can take that one step further.
I’m going to show you how to use your Docky Anchor icon to navigate directly to that lovely Nautilus folder all with one click. For those of you that are worried that doing this might not allow you to open your Docky Settings, don;t worry. You will still be able to right-click on the Anchor and click Settings.
Step 1: GConf-Editor
- Open your gconf-editor by navigating to Applications > System Tools > Configuration Editor (or
gconf-editorin your terminal)
- Navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Items/DockyItem/
- Change DockyItemCommand to
gksu nautilus /usr/share/applications
- Close GConf-Editor
Step 2: Change your Icons
- Click on your Docky Anchor
- Type in your password
- Navigate to the program icon you would like to change