Please note that LibreOffice is still a beta version and not meant for production purposes.
If you want to remove OpenOffice before installing LibreOffice, you can do so by running following command:
sudo apt-get remove openoffice*.*
Follow the instructions to install LibreOffice on Ubuntu:
- Download appropriate version from here
- Extract the file to ~/Desktop
- Rename the file as libreoffice
- Enter the following command into terminal and wait for the process to finish.
- Run the following command to finish the installation:
If LibreOffice is not for you, you can remove it by running this command in the terminal:
sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-debian-menus libreoffice-ure