Day Of Ubuntu (originally called Dawn of Ubuntu) is a dynamic wallpaper which changes depending on the time of day: dawn, noon, dusk and midnight. To see what it looks like on my desktop look at my June Screenshot.
To install it in Ubuntu, you can:
1. Use a PPA (open a terminal and paste this):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dylanmccall/ppa
And install it:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install day-of-ubuntu-wallpaper
2. Or directly download the .deb package (it might also work on older Ubuntu versions, but I could not test it):
3. Or download the source files.
Other dynamic wallpapers you might be interested in:
- Real-Time Earth Wallpaper For Linux
- Linux Wallpaper Application Based on the Weather, Moon Phase, Time of Day
- Automatic NASA Astronomy Wallpaper for Linux
- Install Wallpaper Clocks In Ubuntu Linux